Saturday 10 May 2008

臭香菇

Have you ever eaten something that you don't like,may be because of the taste (most obviously), but somehow, it did exist inside the food that we've eaten! And I had! :s

Few days ago, my Hb bought some kueh for me, and himself la. The kueh look so unique, it's in angku kueh shape, a bit bigger than real angku la. Its colour in grey (or light purple). I thought the content may be of some kind of peanuts only ma. Who know it contains some shredded smelly mushroom! 香菇 is its chinese name.

臭香菇!!!

Wahlau.. I hate that mushroom la! So smelly! All of the content of the kueh become the smell of this mushroom. I hate you xiang gu!

I don't understand why a lot of people love this mushroom so much, especially the vegetarians. All food must be cooked with this damn mushroom.

What I know is if you want to reduce its smell, you can soak it with water. Then, slowly the chao smell will go.

I'm gonna change its name now. 香菇 become 臭菇. 'Fragrant mushroom become smelly mushroom' (I don't know it real english name :s)

Hahahaha!

PEACE!

No comments: